Suffering, while valuable, doesn’t have to define you or your story. If you’re wanting to move beyond old hurts, or feeling stuck despite desiring change, together we can reframe your story to include healthier ways of thinking, feeling, and being. In addition to Jessica Horine’s office in Brookside, KCMO, she also offers sessions via Telehealth for those who do not wish to leave their homes due to COVID-19.
Jessica Horine works from a compassionate, person-centered perspective that includes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Narrative Therapy. She supports your journey inward as you identify unhelpful thoughts and behaviors and develop insight and skills that will guide you toward a healthier way of living.
Jessica welcomes and respects those from all cultural identities, and enjoys taking the time to understand your unique experience, including your strengths as well as your challenges. Her goal as a therapist is to build a respectful, trusting relationship that truly supports your hopes and goals.
***Now offering weekend and telehealth appointments***
- Trauma and PTSD, Relationship Issues, Coping Skills
- Addiction, Alcohol Use, Anger Management, Anxiety, Behavioral Issues, Borderline Personality, Codependency, Depression, Divorce, Domestic Abuse, Domestic Violence, Emotional Disturbance, Family Conflict, Grief, Infidelity, Life Transitions, Marital and Premarital, Parenting, Peer Relationships, Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum, Racial Identity, Self Esteem, Self-Harming, Sexual Abuse, Stress, Substance Use, Suicidal Ideation, Transgender, Women’s Issues
- Dissociative Disorders, Elderly Persons Disorders, Impulse Control Disorders, Mood Disorders, Personality Disorders, Thinking Disorders
- Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian
- Elders (65+), Adults, Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Bisexual Allied, Gay Allied, Lesbian Allied, Non-Binary Allied, Queer Allied, Transgender Allied
Types of Therapy
- Attachment-based, Cognitive Behavioral (CBT), Compassion Focused, Culturally Sensitive, Dialectical (DBT), EMDR, Existential, Feminist, Humanistic, Internal Family Systems (IFS), Mindfulness-Based (MBCT), Motivational Interviewing, Multicultural, Narrative, Person-Centered, Solution Focused Brief (SFBT), Strength-Based, Trauma Focused
- Individuals, Group